Monday, August 14, 2017

Poinsettia Card and Gift Topper- Spellblogging for Spellbinders



Hello there! 
Thank you for joining me for another Spellblogging post for Spellbinders
I've finally succumbed and made my very first Christmas card of 2017!  But don't worry, this won't herald a whole host of them, it's just that I received a beautiful Layered Poinsettia die set and couldn't resist trying it out. Really, I wanted to see whether this poinsettia would make lovely toppers to decorate some of my gifts this year, I think it works beautifully for this purpose and of course, having made one, I just had to use how the same
 layout worked on a card


I paired the Layered Poinsettia die set with a couple of dies 
from the Untamed Tags set 

 Info
Soft sheen gold card, smooth cream card
Red and green card for the flowers
Red glitter card
patterned paper for background on card
Various ribbons, Stamens and glitter dots

Shapeabilities Etched Dies



I love the way the Poinsettia works with the gorgeous label set, I always find making tags a bit of a chore, but a tag and gift decor all in one works a treat!!

The other thing I love about the Poinsettia set is that I can vary the dies I use to make different sized flowers - I'm already planning to make a few smaller flowers using just the two smaller rosettes and one of the larger ones in green will make the leaves.  Yes, I know they are bracts 😜


.  All in all, I'm quite pleased with my first foray into Christmas crafting - usually it takes a good few attempts being 'filed in the bin' before I find my Christmas mojo and make something I actually like!

 Anyway, that's all for this time - thank you for visiting, if you click on This Link  you'll find yourself at the Spellbinders store where you will be tempted by lots of lovely dies, stamps and much much more!


Happy Crafting

9 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a gorgeous project, love the poinsettia and that tag, what a gorgeous present

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning Kathy love it
Gr Karin

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Absolutely stunning Kathy x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy the card and box are absolutely stunning I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Laine said...

Stunnng and so elegant Kathy!
Laine
xx

Shabneez said...

Very elegant creations Kathy. You have a gift for making paper flowers look better than the real ones. Shabneez x

Kate M said...

Two really elegant projects - the poinsettia looks equally as good on both the card and the gift - love em!! xx

Jan said...

Stunning card and dies xx Jan

Paper and Stuff said...

I adore this, Kathy! Its luxurious and those poinsettias! Need them. x